Lawrenceville, Ga. – The weekend woes continued for the Nashville Sounds (68-56, 28-22) on Sunday afternoon as a tightly contested game got away from them late in a 7-4 defeat to the Gwinnett Stripers (57-67, 24-25) at Coolray Field.
- The Sounds have faltered on the weekends this season. The club is 52-29 (.642) on weekdays and 16-27 (.372) on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Rehabbing Milwaukee Brewer Jesse Winker was back in the lineup today, drawing three walks on a 0-for-2 day. That is a season high for the outfielder and matches a career high he has set 17 times. Winker has a .455 OBP in five games on his current rehab assignment with Nashville.
- Keston Hiura extended his hitting streak to 12 games and his on-base streak to 22 games with his two-run single in the fifth. He is batting .341 (30-for-88) over the on-base streak with four doubles, seven homers, 26 RBI and a 1.017 OPS.
- Tyler Black continues to find his way on base, reaching in each of his 18 contests with Nashville. He is batting .254 (17-for-67) with seven extra-base hits, 16 runs and more walks than strikeouts (14/10).
- Caleb Boushley made his first appearance out of the bullpen in his Nashville career. His previous bullpen appearance came on July 27, 2021 with Triple-A El Paso vs. Albuquerque.
The Nashville Sounds are the Triple-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers and play at First Horizon Park. Single-game tickets for the rest of the 2023 season are on sale now. For more information call 615-690-4487 or e-mail [email protected].