The Town of Ashland City is hiring for Accounting Clerk 1.
This position acts as a liaison between the customer and the city and is required to resolve any emerging problems that occur with accuracy and efficiency. The position further provides a variety of administrative support services in the department assigned. This position is under the immediate supervision of the Finance Director. Work performed is routine, although instructions are general in nature and the employee occasionally must consider different courses of action or use independent judgement to accomplish all tasks.
Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
• Collect and post payments of water bills, city taxes, and all other accounts receivable
payments due to the city.
• Collects information for and processes tax relief payments.
• Maintains and collects delinquent property tax information, prepares, and mails delinquent notices, and creates and corresponds delinquent tax files to be turned into the Chancery Court yearly.
• Post meter readings and rereads.
• Prepares and posts utility bills, ACH payments, penalties, water reports, daily deposits, and adjustments.
• Maintain utility accounts and files to include new service requests, account closing, ACH
information, cut-off, penalties, collections, service orders, adjustments, etc
• Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalent
• At least one year experience in a modern office environment, preferably with experience in finance/accounting/bookkeeping
• Must have a valid Tennessee driver’s license.